Western Australia - Silkie Roo

JHek

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 23, 2014
Western Australia
I have a roughly 6 month old white bantam silkie roo I am looking to rehome (unless we can make other arrangements). My flock was cut in half by foxes and as a result we are moving what's left back to our suburban property temporarily.

'King Fluff' is our only remaining rooster from the attack and we can't keep him in the suburbs nor do I want him left on his own on our semi-rural property.

Honestly, he isn't the friendliest of roosters but he will run away from you, not attack you.

I'm just putting out feelers to see if anyone local to the Perth area in WA might be willing to take him on, even if it's temporary (could be up to a year before we are properly living on our other property).

Willing to rehome him on a trial basis for anyone interested.

I don't have any good photos of him but he is the small white roo middle of the pic on the ground. I will take more soon.

Dear Silkie Rooster owner,
I live in Snohomish WA, USA .... have a white and a blue silkie hens..... being on the lookout for a beautiful white silkie rooster to accompany them. I have 4 roosters lined up that I was going to look at tomorrow.
It's horrible what has happened to your chickens.... how awful!!!!
I would love to help you out but I don't know if shipping him here is too far to chance his health or life.
My email is... [email protected]
Please email me asap to let me know if it is a possibility or not.
I don't mind keeping him for you for a later return to your home....
Please let me know if you found a solution yet or not.
LadyRagz

I haven't shipped any animal before and wasn't considering it. I would need to look into it some more (health, safety, pricing etc...).

Just trying to be a help in such an extreme situation, knowing you are trying to find a safe haven for your precious rooster.

My neighbor next door had all her chickens eaten by coyotes. Some kind men came in, dug a thin ditch on the exterior perimeter of the fencing, put 6 inches of chicken wire into the ground, then bent the other half outward, parallel to the ground, That way no predator could dig under the fencing to get in . Then they put chicken wire fencing over the top of the caged fencing and tied it so nothing could come over or under the fence. Her new chickens have been safe, although they put doors on her chicken coop so the chickens were sealed in for the night. We have a huge problem with coyotes in the night, and raccoons, possums, and eagles/hawks. Is there any way to predator proof your coop/fencing?

DENISE

PS: I think it is too far to crate your chicken from there to here in America ....

We live in the Perth Suburbs (Shenton Park) and gave our Lavender Araucana roo to a breeder who was more than happy to have him. Which suburb are you in and I could possibly arrange something?
Radioactive Egg

We had done the same to the coop on our other property, unfortunately we didn't realise that the gate itself was the week point and was pried/forced open. We still have our suspicions that maybe someone opened it because the force involved seems unlikely for one fox but still possible.

Radioactive Egg, that would be very helpful thank you. We're open to taking him back at some point if there are any issues but otherwise we're happy to give him up permanently (as long as he isn't being put down that is).

Back
Top Bottom