What’s wrong with my baby?! 😥

singwithmylife

Chirping
May 3, 2020
Ohio
My one day old Mille Fleur is super tiny. She struggled during the hatch and took forever to unzip. When she came out a teeny tiny bit of yolk was still left and her cord was still attached. She fluffed up and seemed ok so we put her in the brooder with the other two. Now she’s making this weird chirping or gasping motion but no noise is coming out. She’s been doing it all day but it’s gotten worse as the day went on. Unfortunately my husband didn’t notice and I just got home and discovered her this way. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Neither of the other two are having any issues. They are eating and drinking and running around just fine. She’s not bleeding or hurt in any other visible way. The eggs were shipped eggs and we lost four of them before hatch day. I’m not sure if maybe I messed something up during the hatch process? She hasn’t been eating or drinking but when I discovered her I started giving her sugar water. She seemed to pep up a little but no substantial improvement. She had a bit of pasty butt and when I cleaned her up a big dark green poop came out.

I want to try to help her but I’m not sure what to do. I’m afraid of keeping her out from under the warming plate too long. She’s on pine shavings in a wooden brooder box. My heart is breaking. It’s my very first batch that I’ve incubated myself. 😢

Attachments

• 53945067-B124-4A9C-9315-39FC0D2DD24E.jpeg
    53945067-B124-4A9C-9315-39FC0D2DD24E.jpeg
    343.8 KB · Views: 9
My one day old Mille Fleur is super tiny. She struggled during the hatch and took forever to unzip. When she came out a teeny tiny bit of yolk was still left and her cord was still attached. She fluffed up and seemed ok so we put her in the brooder with the other two. Now she’s making this weird chirping or gasping motion but no noise is coming out. She’s been doing it all day but it’s gotten worse as the day went on. Unfortunately my husband didn’t notice and I just got home and discovered her this way. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Neither of the other two are having any issues. They are eating and drinking and running around just fine. She’s not bleeding or hurt in any other visible way. The eggs were shipped eggs and we lost four of them before hatch day. I’m not sure if maybe I messed something up during the hatch process? She hasn’t been eating or drinking but when I discovered her I started giving her sugar water. She seemed to pep up a little but no substantial improvement. She had a bit of pasty butt and when I cleaned her up a big dark green poop came out.

I want to try to help her but I’m not sure what to do. I’m afraid of keeping her out from under the warming plate too long. She’s on pine shavings in a wooden brooder box. My heart is breaking. It’s my very first batch that I’ve incubated myself. 😢

Hi have you check if she having brooder stress / Aspergillus.?

Were so sorry:hit ,, that was definitely aspergillus. My best guess is that you have a faulty incubator. My chicks died one by one from that. And I bring bad news if it is ,all your chicks have a risk of developing infection she might be the weakest and get the infection the first. Please watch out and go to a avian vet. To date none of my birds that developed this ever survived. Especially day olds.

I fact I have tried everything on a particular chick. He still died. But just to give you an idea. Mouth to beak respiration, medicinal oxygen, force feed though tube, staying up 3+ nights to hold his head up so he can breath, supplemental vitamins, anti mycotoxins powder, ampicillin, doximicin, kflex, each one completing recommended dosage and time, ect ..ect
The worst part is seeing them slowly die.
I hope the best for your chicks

Back
Top Bottom