What a month for my poor puppy-Graphic pics.

danischi24

Loves naked pets
11 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Australia
It started off well enough with my American Hairless Terrier coming to work with me every day as usual.

Day026.jpg

Then she came into silent season for the second time in 3 months & made me go crazy because she doesn't handle confinement well. So I took her to work anyway & didn't let her out of my sight. Fast forward two weeks.
On my last day at this work, I was in a hurry to leave & reversed hard around a corner (after checking the way was clear) with her inside the doorless vehicle. She flew out & I didn't notice because I was looking behind me. I then drove forward straight over her
hit.gif

Let's just say that I was a mess & was sure she would die for the first 5 minutes but the vet revealed that she was fine if a little scratched. The photos below are graphic:

Yikes001.jpg

Yikes002.jpg

Yikes003.jpg

Yikes004.jpg

After this extremely traumatizing event, we took it easy & just hung out at home but we had a vet appointment for an ultrasound one month after her season to see if she had managed to get knocked up before I had realized she was in season. After much thought, I decided that I may as well spay her because I will only be breeding her to keep the breed going for myself as she is the only one in Israel. Thing is, I won't want another one until she passes so it's better for me to just buy one again when the time comes. So I decided to spay her & because I'm not the most trusting soul when it comes to my baby, I assisted the vet. More very graphic pic:

Under anesthetic:
Spay001.jpg

The hysterectomy:
Spay006.jpg

Recovering:
Spay007.jpg

Awake & being spoiled:
Spay009.jpg

Now she's giving me dirty looks & I think it will be awhile before I'm trusted & in her good books again.

ohhhh poor baby - that is the beauty of dogs - they adapt well and NEVER hold grudges! Thank God she will be fine - she is ADORABLE by the way!

Actually, she does seem to be holding a bit of a grudge. She was just getting over it from the accident when this happened. Now when I call her or pat her, she seems a bit nervous which is heartbreaking. I'm just giving her lots of love & I'm sure she will get over it.

You'd be surprised how often owners run over their own pets. While her abrasions may be hard to look at, they appear to be very minor and should heal just fine.
Are you friends with your vet? It was very nice of him to allow you into surgery; that would never happen where I work!

She has already healed up completely from the accident. I would never have run over her if she was on the ground because I never let her off a leash around roads/vehicles. I even hold her when I corner but it just didn't occur to me to do it while I reversed. There's enough guilt trip in that.
I wasn't "allowed" into surgery, I assisted in the surgery. The vet is a friend (as are all the vets that work on my animals) but I have assisted her before. I can't stand the thought of something going wrong & me not being there & I have enough know-how to do the process myself if I owned the equipment so I'm no hindrance. Her skin also reacts a little different from a normal dogs so I needed to specify the stitch I wanted used.

SO glad she is OK!!
I took my lab/sharpei mix in to be spayed.. I took her to a rescue that did low cost..
YEAH>> LOW cost.. I was appalled by what I saw, and I am soooooo glad I spent the money for a cone collar, and antibiotics.
The advertise on our local Craigslist, I flag them everytime, and warn people.
They were forced to move to another town outside of our capitol, so god knows what they are doing now....
She will get over it, my Lexi, loves me and is a "mamma" dog!!

HUGS!!!

My vet is a great surgery vet. Not so great at other things like diagnosis but good in surgery. In fact we traveled 3 hours one way to get to her because as I said, I'm not the most trusting when it comes to my baby.

Back
Top Bottom