What age is safe to put other chickens together

Halfwolf27

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2020
I have 6 RIR chickens and they are 10 Weeks old outside I have 6 week old chickens inside they have been introduced for two weeks now but in a cage I have seen them peck each other but nothing crazy when is it safe to allow them to freely interact with them being out of the cage ? Thank you !

Since there's not a huge age difference I think with supervision it would be fine. They'll chase and peck but as long as they don't draw blood it should be fine.

Since there's not a huge age difference I think with supervision it would be fine. They'll chase and peck but as long as they don't draw blood it should be fine.
Thank you so much right now we have them in a dog cage enjoy some outside time in the same coop Area and it looks like they could care less right now they were doing their own thing the older ones !

Thank you so much right now we have them in a dog cage enjoy some outside time in the same coop Area and it looks like they could care less right now they were doing their own thing the older ones !
Yup at that age there's not usually too much trouble. I bet they'll be running together as one flock pretty quick.

Back
Top Bottom