What all breeds have puffly cheeks?

Gypsy07

Songster
9 Years
Feb 4, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
I really really love the puffly cheeks that Easter Eggers have and I'd love to get some but unfortunately they're totally unknown over here in the UK. Ditto Ameraucanas. Araucanas are available but they're very hard to find. So I'm looking for recommendations of other puffly cheeked breeds. Chickens with beards and funny head-poofles would also be fine, as long as they don't have feathery legs and they're fairly friendly.

I've looked at Faverolles, but they've got leg feathers, which I'm not too keen on, mostly because the area my birds all free range around can get rather muddy. I've looked at Orloffs, which are bare legged, but supposedly they're not at all happy being handled and not really very friendly.

Can anyone suggest another puffly cheeked breed for me to think about?
hu.gif

Or a UK source of EEs, if such a thing exists?

Last edited:
Hmmm. I do think Silkies are awfully cute looking but I'm sure all that fluff is best kept dry and like I said, it gets a bit muddy sometimes where I am and I really want birds I can free range without worrying that they're getting all soggy and miserable. I didn't know you could get bearded Polish though so I'll have a look at them and see what I think. And if I could get hold of any without too much bother! Thanks for the suggestions
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom