What am I doing wrong.

redrooster99

Songster
9 Years
Jun 14, 2013
georgia
Ok so I just candles my eggs on their fourteenth day. About half of them havnt developed any since I checked them on the seventh day. I’ve kept my temp. At 99.5-100 degrees feghrenheit, and humidity is at around 40-50 percent. I use to keep it at around 30 percent till I read something about making it higher. I am using one of the styrofoam incubators from tractor supply that has the FFA stamp on it. These are eggs from my own birds. One had an obvious blood ring. The others are developing fine they are moving in the egg. What do y’all recommend?

Once you get them, make sure they’re correct. You can google “how to calibrate thermometer” “how to calibrate hygrometer”

The two methods attached work well. But try them several times to make triple sure your readings are the same each time. Before you start another batch in an incubator, test and calibrate them again.

There may be other, better ways but I don’t know them. I’m sure someone on here knows all the methods.
B40A2C8A-45D8-4981-8FCD-AAE7F6329405.png

FAB7CD45-6AF2-4F1F-BCBF-29E4631B50AB.png

My styrofoam bator has a good thermometer within .3 degrees, but it reads 40% humidity when it’s truly 70%. Not kidding. The one from eBay has a great hygrometer, but temperature is 2 degrees of more off. Reads higher than it really is. It currently says I’m at 39.9C and is truly at 99.7 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom