What Am I????***WARNING***Cute Pic!!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Up-the-Creek, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Up-the-Creek

Up-the-Creek Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    This is our new chick. It was hatched about one week ago. The eggs came from a local farm, but we are not sure what kind of chickens they have. They came from a brown egg and right now its legs look green. The two others from the same hatch has bright orange legs and less black on them. I am sure they are mixed, but with what?? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    no idea. The chances its mixed is very high. So you cant tell till its adult what it might be mixed with.

3. Up-the-Creek

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    Well I just thought someone might have some idea with the coloring of its legs and etc.,,, Im guessing a delaware cross.

4. Up-the-Creek

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    Anyone else????

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:Delaware X EE?

6. Up-the-Creek

May 16, 2008
    West Virginia
    Quote:Delaware X EE?

Mahonri, I knew you would give me an answer! My son and I think this is the case too, delaware X EE,.. but the legs as I said look green, but my baby phoenix legs look green too and I know their legs are supposed to be gray when they grow up. What would it be crossed with if it has grey legs?

7. nospringchicken39

nospringchicken39 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2009
    Silkies have blue/slate grey legs... the pigment could cross with yellow to create the cast you are seeing in the shanks - while not necessarily providing any other phenotype to the cross you see. Sumatras and some others also have darker shanks.

8. Amador Hill Hens

Amador Hill Hens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2009
    North Branch, MN
    MY EE chick looks almost identicle.

9. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    what type of comb?

10. Four Acre Bliss

Four Acre Bliss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    Virginia
    It looks like an EE ... don't know what to tell you about the brown egg, though. Probably mixed with something else, but I couldn't tell you what because that chick looks 100% EE to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by