What Am I????***WARNING***Cute Pic!!!!

Up-the-Creek

Songster
11 Years
May 16, 2008
West Virginia
This is our new chick. It was hatched about one week ago. The eggs came from a local farm, but we are not sure what kind of chickens they have. They came from a brown egg and right now its legs look green. The two others from the same hatch has bright orange legs and less black on them. I am sure they are mixed, but with what?? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!
10488_001.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Delaware X EE?

Mahonri, I knew you would give me an answer! My son and I think this is the case too, delaware X EE,.. but the legs as I said look green, but my baby phoenix legs look green too and I know their legs are supposed to be gray when they grow up. What would it be crossed with if it has grey legs?

Silkies have blue/slate grey legs... the pigment could cross with yellow to create the cast you are seeing in the shanks - while not necessarily providing any other phenotype to the cross you see. Sumatras and some others also have darker shanks.

It looks like an EE ... don't know what to tell you about the brown egg, though. Probably mixed with something else, but I couldn't tell you what because that chick looks 100% EE to me.

Back
Top Bottom