what am I?

Chrissysmarans

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 1, 2010
FL
We got this boy with a sumatra hen from the palce place swap in Bellview . We think he is a Sumarta cross .He has 5 toes , emraled green sheen on his black feathers but has yellowish hackels and saddle. Anyone have any Ideas on what he might be? Oh We are calling him Mystery Man.
love.gif
we just loved his color.

59223_102_00041.jpg

59223_102_00031.jpg

Last edited:
Are silkies the only breed with 5 toes? I would guess some kind of silkie mix....5 toes and it has a crest. But not sure.
Nvm found the info on 5 toed breeds
roll.png
I have no idea on the cross.

Last edited:
No, Silkies aren't the only chickens with 5 toes. Houdans, Sultans (both crested breeds), and Dorkings all have 5 toes (I believe there may be others too but can't recall off the top of my head). The one picture makes him look very "low slung" (short legged) compared to his body length and his color is similar to the silver-gray Dorking coloration. I would lean towards a Dorking/Polish cross.

Could have Crevecoeur or Saultans crossed in him the both have crests and 5 toes.

Your breeds with 5 toes would be--
-Crevecoeur
-Saultans
-Silkie
-Dorking
-Faverolle
-Houban

Chris

Last edited:
Also at the swap where we got him they had 6 of what was his offspring and they all looked like the hen black with the beettle green shine.

Back
Top Bottom