what am i?

Jules- I'm not sure but I think you may be right about them being welsummers. Although probably just boys from the fryer bargain. I don't think they list dark brown layers in the brown egg assortment - I think they're in the rare breed layer asst. Who knows though - they may. Here are my male and female speckled sussex. On the male there's a very strong white tip and white lower rows (first flight feathers) in his wings that is white from tip all the way to his body. I see that in other SS males too. Male SS - I can't get a pic of his wing spread today. Too active. Female SS

Those definitely aren't what mine are. I think you may be right about them being roosters. Their "eyeliner" is not distinct, nor are their head triangles. And they're different from my "maybe patridge rock," because his legs are brown and his head is solid brownish-red -- no triangle.

Pam, I just love your chickens! I can't wait to hatch some. We want at least one Marans hen and one Welsummer hen. actually, I'd like to have a male and female of every breed. Can one become a chicken hoarder?.

It will be so hard! Lucky for me I get to keep mine around for a while to create lots of babies.
By then I'll convince my husband they're too old & tough to eat. Besides, the kids named one Jeffrey after him :lol:

Pam, I just love your chickens! I can't wait to hatch some. We want at least one Marans hen and one Welsummer hen. actually, I'd like to have a male and female of every breed. Can one become a chicken hoarder?.

Hoarding - Just deny it if anyone asks ;) yes, I think I'm the same. I'd really like a partridge rock and anything calm that lays dark brown eggs. Welsummers maybe? We should plan a future egg trade when these get older!

That would be fun! I'd love to have a PR hen for my roo. I've already told hubby I'm keeping him. I'm sacrificing my Plymouth Rock pullets in exchange for keeping two cockerels of my choice. I was flogged by a white leghorn when I was child. I don't get attached to white chickens, I'm a chick racist! :)

Back
Top Bottom