What are everyone's chickens names and why?

Of my four chicks three have been named so far.

Nebula was named because she was so black it made me think of the sky and dark nebulas.

Tootsie was named after her crooked toes plus I love the movie Tootsie with Dustin Hoffman. Then of course "she" turned out to be a cockeral so the name was a bit ironic.

Flatula It's awfull I know but I was sitting next to the brooder discussing names with my hubby when this one plooped the biggest stinkiest bomb.
th.gif
It was rank! My hubby laughed and named her Flatula as in flatulence.
he.gif
Her nicknamed will beTula .

Pot Pie and Mrs. Tweedy are named for the movie "Chicken Run." Zippy was a fast little chick. Rosie had a reddish patch on her otherwise black and white head. Beldar and Pria (nickname of Prymaat) are named for the coneheads from Saturday Night Live- they are White Crested Polish. The Rockettes are twin Barred Rocks that we could not tell apart. Now that they are older, they are named Biggie and Littles, because, well, one is bigger than the other.

-MTchick

wow getting some good ideas i need a name for my sons i have nc what breed she was an assorted bantam well she may be a he........ solid yellowish gold with green eyes very pretty

I have 8 girls & they all have european woman's names...mostly French because my DH's family is from france.

Filomena (Fifi) Big, pushy SLW
Penelope (Penny) EE brown, bearded & funny
Genevieve (Genny) EE small with big ear muffs & skittish
Marguerite (dirty feet) Big beautiful Buff orp that always has poo on her toes, but loves to snuggle
Daphne (the queen) Black Australorp that is the top hen & rules with an iron beak
Mimi (mimster) shy huge BR that sounds like a broken bike horn
Soliel (sunny) my buff orp that had crook neck as a chick, now huge, healthy & sassy
Olivia (Livi) the red star that thinks she's a dog, she jumps for treats & follows me around everywhere.

Their most commonly used nicknames are next to their real names.
Its funny how their names suit their chickenalites, I named thenm when they were a few days old & they grew into their names.

Hi again. Last night I thinking of names for a Rooster. My husband said maybe. I think I like Tornado{okie} but maybe that could jinx me and he would be a holy terror.

I don't mean any disrespect by this, but I don't name anything I'm going to eat. To us, they're utility animals. It may have a very generic name like "Brownie," but I don't my kids or me to get too attached to them--especially come butchering time.

Jim

Quote:
gig.gif

That's something DH and I would do!!!
lau.gif

I have Bertha and LaFawnduh, two BRs. I've always had a Bertha BR, so I had to carry on the tradition. LaFawndhua is from the movie Napoleon Dynamite.
Kip (the roo) and Tina are also from ND.
Sasha is named after JD's scooter on the TV show Scrubs.
Kendra (aka Chicken Hawk) is named after one of Hugh Hefner's girlfriends (she's blonde).
Elvira is a black silkie and a strange one at that. The big black hairdo is what gave her that name.
Daisy and Gwen (silkies) are named after Daisy Duke and Gwen Stefani.
I'm sure I don't have to explain Hotwing and Nugget.
cool.png

I have three Banties. MAX the rooster, RUBY his hen, and BARB,the other woman. we got Max and Ruby together as youngish chicks, Barb had another man and when he died she left the farm and came to our place. all the other chickies picked on her. Kids named max and ruby after the rabbits on NOGGIN TV show. Barb came with her name. see picture to meet the gang. Barb is the gray one.

Back
Top Bottom