what are my little refugees?

badcat24

Hatching
Mar 20, 2015
Louisville, KY

I have recently gotten into backyard chickens, and was happy to find this site. I’m sure I’ll have more questions.
When I was told about 6 needing a new home I went to look. I couldn’t leave them there even if I hadn’t wanted them. It was awful. They are doing well now, and becoming less fearful of me every day. Although they do look a little puzzled when they see the Silky and the rooster eating from my hand. But I’d like to know what breed they are?
I looked through the breed section, but found myself more confused. There are a LOT of good looking birds out there!

I’ve built them a palace. I think they like it.

Last edited:
How nice of you to rescue the girls, bet they are glad to have that nice new coop to live in!
It looks like the red birds are some sort of Production Red / Hatchery Rhode Island Reds. Can't see her head but would guess the gold bird is a Buff Orpington... the white birds, the picture is fuzzy and can't quite tell the comb type, if they have single combs would vote Columbian Plymouth Rocks, if they have rose combs then Columbian Wyandottes.

And, Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

How nice of you to rescue the girls, bet they are glad to have that nice new coop to live in!
It looks like the red birds are some sort of Production Red / Hatchery Rhode Island Reds. Can't see her head but would guess the gold bird is a Buff Orpington... the white birds, the picture is fuzzy and can't quite tell the comb type, if they have single combs would vote Columbian Plymouth Rocks, if they have rose combs then Columbian Wyandottes.

And, Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome To BYC!
X 2 on Kelsie's breed IDs - though I do think I almost see some leg fuzz (could be distortion due to clarity of picture) on the bird to the far left of the photo, which could also point to Light Brahmas with little leg feathering due to picking, etc. There are no Silver Laced Wyandottes in the birds pictured.

Last edited:

And, Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome To BYC!
Agreed.

And, Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome To BYC!
x3

Thank you so much. I did get 3 of the girls to pose for this glamour shot... lol

... so after posting this I found the really cool page on type of combs. the buff and red are single the white birds have rose combs. you guys are really awesome!
thanks again!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom