what are my little refugees?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by badcat24, Mar 20, 2015.

1. badcat24

badcat24 New Egg

Mar 20, 2015
    Louisville, KY
    [​IMG]
    I have recently gotten into backyard chickens, and was happy to find this site. I’m sure I’ll have more questions.
    When I was told about 6 needing a new home I went to look. I couldn’t leave them there even if I hadn’t wanted them. It was awful. They are doing well now, and becoming less fearful of me every day. Although they do look a little puzzled when they see the Silky and the rooster eating from my hand. But I’d like to know what breed they are?
    I looked through the breed section, but found myself more confused. There are a LOT of good looking birds out there!

[​IMG]
    I’ve built them a palace. I think they like it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    How nice of you to rescue the girls, bet they are glad to have that nice new coop to live in!
    It looks like the red birds are some sort of Production Red / Hatchery Rhode Island Reds. Can't see her head but would guess the gold bird is a Buff Orpington... the white birds, the picture is fuzzy and can't quite tell the comb type, if they have single combs would vote Columbian Plymouth Rocks, if they have rose combs then Columbian Wyandottes.

And, Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

3. LoveThemBirds

LoveThemBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Petting Buffy Like a Dog
    You have to Silver laced Wyndottes,and one mixed bird (The small skinny one),Buff Orpington,and NewHampshire hens (The two brown ones.)

4. LoveThemBirds

LoveThemBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Petting Buffy Like a Dog
    Also,welcome here!

5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    X 2 on Kelsie's breed IDs - though I do think I almost see some leg fuzz (could be distortion due to clarity of picture) on the bird to the far left of the photo, which could also point to Light Brahmas with little leg feathering due to picking, etc. There are no Silver Laced Wyandottes in the birds pictured.

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x3

8. badcat24

badcat24 New Egg

Mar 20, 2015
    Louisville, KY
    Thank you so much. I did get 3 of the girls to pose for this glamour shot... lol
    [​IMG]
    ... so after posting this I found the really cool page on type of combs. the buff and red are single the white birds have rose combs. you guys are really awesome!
    thanks again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by