What are some ways to convince....

You could try to do a lot of research on raising rabbits, buy the materials to build a hutch and then build one. You could explain the benefits of having a rabbit, that is, if you are intending to raise it for showing, meat production or for selling the offspring. And you could also not call them "bunnies", which implies they are fluffy toys that aren't good for much and refer to them in appropriate terminology to show your maturity and knowledge about the animal you wish to obtain.

<3ChickenForever :

What are some ways to convince your parents to let you get a bunny??

Wanna know what I did earlier this summer? Me and my friends rescued a baby bunny from an old mans front yard next to a road. We caught it so that he wouldn't release it into the woods to be eaten. We took care of it at my friends cabin and discussed who's parents are softies enough to let 'em keep it. I said "if we say I'm babysitting it my mom will fall in love with it and let me keep it". so we drove back to my house (4 hours away) with the baby in tow, told my mom I was babysitting it and now two months later I have her and a friend for her living in a hutch in my backyard, I have to pay for their stuff but as long as I do that I get to keep 'em.​

mother o' chicks72 :

<3ChickenForever :

What are some ways to convince your parents to let you get a bunny??

Wanna know what I did earlier this summer? Me and my friends rescued a baby bunny from an old mans front yard next to a road. We caught it so that he wouldn't release it into the woods to be eaten. We took care of it at my friends cabin and discussed who's parents are softies enough to let 'em keep it. I said "if we say I'm babysitting it my mom will fall in love with it and let me keep it". so we drove back to my house (4 hours away) with the baby in tow, told my mom I was babysitting it and now two months later I have her and a friend for her living in a hutch in my backyard, I have to pay for their stuff but as long as I do that I get to keep 'em.​

Hopefully my mom will fall in love with a bunny.. if I get one hopefully she will.​

Quote:
That's not what I mean though... I mean that my parents will let me get one and if my mom starts to play with it more she'll fall in love with it...

Well don't do what my kids did when they were teenagers. My daughter wanted a bunny, and we told her no - we didn't have anywhere to keep one. A few days later I was walking down the hall and saw what I thought was a stuffed animal on the floor. Suddenly that stuffed animal started hopping. I just about jumped out of my skin!
lau.gif
My daughter had gone ahead and bought a bunny - had been keeping it in her closet, but it had escaped. It's more than 20 years later, and we're still laughing about the stuffed animal that started hopping. I think she ended up giving it to a friend that had room for it. We didn't keep it, though.

I would have your parents read this thread!
Sign a contract with them on care that you
write up (make a formal presentation!)
Get straight A's and apply for scholarships!

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom