Sep 22, 2019
What are the best chicken crosses? What mixed breeds of chickens are your favorite and why? What chickens are most broody? What chickens are most quite? What chickens produce the most eggs? What chickens are friendly towards other chickens and humans? What’s your favorite cross breed chicken and why?

What are the best chicken crosses? What mixed breeds of chickens are your favorite and why? What chickens are most broody? What chickens are most quite? What chickens produce the most eggs? What chickens are friendly towards other chickens and humans? What’s your favorite cross breed chicken and why?
I have 4 EE chicks

best chicken crosses totally depend on what you are wanting to do.

EE's can be made by several crosses as long as one has the blue egg gene and temperaments of parents come in to play, I have an Ameracauna Rooster over Rhode Island Red hens and the EE's they produce are excellent at foraging and laying but not so people friendly like the rooster.

I tend to like the heritage breeds myself, Rhode Island Whites and one day would like to get some Buckeyes. we will have to see what rooster I get when My Ameracuana is no longer, choices would be Rhode Island White, Buff Orpington or another Ameracauna. I doubt I will get RIR hens again

best chicken crosses totally depend on what you are wanting to do.

EE's can be made by several crosses as long as one has the blue egg gene and temperaments of parents come in to play, I have an Ameracauna Rooster over Rhode Island Red hens and the EE's they produce are excellent at foraging and laying but not so people friendly like the rooster.

I tend to like the heritage breeds myself, Rhode Island Whites and one day would like to get some Buckeyes. we will have to see what rooster I get when My Ameracuana is no longer, choices would be Rhode Island White, Buff Orpington or another Ameracauna. I doubt I will get RIR hens again
Thank you for replying to me have a wonderful day or night.

Thank you for replying to me have a wonderful day or night.
your very welcome, and just to clarify I like the Rhode Island Whites temperament a lot better , they are a heritage breed that is threatened do to crossing them, When I have to rotate out I go looking for a rooster that I have hens for to keep some of them true while doing other crosses

Back
Top Bottom