What are you baking now?

I just made a chocolate pie last night with a homemade crust. It was good!
big_smile.png

I made your scones this morning and they were amazing! I changed it up a bit. I used dried cranberries instead of the chocolate chips and added a Tbs of orange zest. I didn't use a glaze, instead I brushed with an egg wash and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. So delicious!
Thanks for sharing
droolin.gif

Depending on how long I'm gone grocery shopping today, I may have to make another batch of these things...I've been craving them. I'm definitely going to make an orange scone at some point too, I might have to try your idea of adding cranberries.

I would have put a small amount of chopped nuts in too if I had them. Great thing about this recipe is most of the ingredients are a staple in the pantry and there's no limit to what you can toss in. Just open the cabinet or fridge and go crazy. next batch I'm going to toss in some shredded coconut.

I'm about to make a lemon meringue pie. I have a great recipe that doesn't require you to cook it over the stove. I think that part's such a pain. You just mix everything in a bowl, pour it into a prepared crust, top with meringue and bake. Easy as pie....:p

So it 'gels' up in the oven as the meringue is cooking? That is enough cook time?
I want that recipe, PLEASE!
I love lemon everything and we are fortunate enough to have a tree, I just never seem to want to do all the prep work for lemon pie or bars. or clean up. sounds like one fewer pot to wash. I am on a health kick, but homemade fresh lemon pie sounds like it could still be healthy, right?
big_smile.png
yea, right.
wink.png

So it 'gels' up in the oven as the meringue is cooking? That is enough cook time?
I want that recipe, PLEASE!
I love lemon everything and we are fortunate enough to have a tree, I just never seem to want to do all the prep work for lemon pie or bars. or clean up. sounds like one fewer pot to wash. I am on a health kick, but homemade fresh lemon pie sounds like it could still be healthy, right?
big_smile.png
yea, right.
wink.png

It is probably a jello type of filling and not a custard.

My Mom made things like that all the time when I was growing up. I still crave them to this day.....

So it 'gels' up in the oven as the meringue is cooking? That is enough cook time? I want that recipe, PLEASE! I love lemon everything and we are fortunate enough to have a tree, I just never seem to want to do all the prep work for lemon pie or bars. or clean up. sounds like one fewer pot to wash. I am on a health kick, but homemade fresh lemon pie sounds like it could still be healthy, right?
big_smile.png
yea, right.
wink.png
healthy? Hmmm lets see... Its got a whole can of sweetend condensed milk in it. Yum! Its not so much a jello type filling as it is a pudding type filling. Egg yolks, lemon juice, zest, condensed milk, I'll let everyone know in a bit how it tastes when we cut it. I'm just hoping it stays in a pie piece shape when I cut it. I'm hoping it works out because I loooove lemon pie but seriously hate the stove top cooking part.
don't mind my meringue. I never could make the peaks so I stopped trying.

This is my go-to recipe for lemon meringue pie, which is very similar to the one posted here:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grandmas-lemon-meringue-pie/detail.aspx

Its fully cooked before you pour it in the pie crust, it just needs to cool down. Cornstarch is an amazing ingredient.

And its very very very easy.  And uses lots of eggs. Whats not to like?

I've made one like this before and it is great. I was just searching for a recipe that would cut out the stove top part. The recipe I made literally mixes everything in a bowl instead. Fingers crossed!:fl

Back
Top Bottom