What are you canning now - 2009 edition!

Most recently I canned chicken and chicken broth from a group of 19 week old cockerels. The breast meat was frozen separately. The dark meat canned. Carcasses cooked down for a rich broth & canned.

I canned chicken broth and beef broth recently. We just started our garden seeds for the spring, 72 tomato plants have sprouted, gotta get a bigger pot!!!!

I made some delicious beef broth and HAVE to find my lost (
somad.gif
) stash of flats so that I can get it canned before it goes bad!

Quote:
chicken_soup.jpg

My name is frugal and I'm a canning junkie...

Seriously, my homestead is far off the grid so canning (instead of using freezers) is a way of life. I can everything from fruits to veggies, meats to meals, and soups to condiments.

Here's my Chicken Soup from yesterday...

Chicken Soup
• Homestead raised Chicken
• Fresh Carrots
• Fresh Celery
• Fresh Onions
• Freeze Dried Corn
• Season to taste

Yummy, yummy, yummy!

smile.png

i just started canning two yrs ago... i canned tomatoe sauce, salsa and made strawberry jam this yr. we will be canning some maple syrup here in about two hours. DH has been out boiling it down for 11 hours today, already.

I soo can't wait for garden season to get in full swing ....just started all seedlings and waiting for warmer weather to come!
Recently I canned pickled garlic.....we had tons of garlic and my hubby loves it so I decided to give it a try. First batch a bit too sweet but I cut back sugar in the recipe and now it is awesome if I do say so myself!!!

Back
Top Bottom