What are you canning now?

Gosh, I don't know anything about the gasket-ed beer bottles. Did you find an answer or solution?

We had two extra large bags of citrus - mostly oranges, grapefruit and lemons - given to us over the holidays. We shared with 4 friends and family.

Yesterday I made 8 jars of Orange Marmalade with some, and froze enough prepared fruit and peels to make another batch later.

There are still quite a few navel oranges and some blood oranges in the fridge. I think we can finish those just eating them.

Last edited:
These are mercots, and will require some additional sugar. They really do not ripen to delicious until end of January, otherwise we do try to just eat as many as possible. We have not had any get to ripen in three years.
I may try one and see how it goes.
I made tangerine wine about ten years ago. It was very good, I may go that route.

I used my pressure canner for the first time in my life today to can some black beans (9 pints)--and you know what I didn't blow up the kitchen
wee.gif
I called my husband to brag about my success he didn't care
hu.gif
so I thought that I could sure my success with you guys.

Quote:
Way to go!
celebrate.gif

Edited to Add: You're on your way to lots of other goodies for your pantry. Pressure canning opens up a whole new realm of possibilities.

I did 10 pints Pinto Beans yesterday.

Last edited:
Well, I"M proud of you! Mine sat for a LONG time before I got up the nerve. Now I just love going and finding something that I need in the pantry 'and I did it all by myself.'

Men just don't get it. Explosions are a good thing in their minds. ...maybe he was disappointed.
"SUNDAY,SUNDAY ,SUNDAY! Mega pressure cooking monster canners! SUNDAY!"
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom