What are you canning now?

I haven't canned anything lately...

... but I've been uncanning a lot of things I did all summer. Broke up the apple sauce for breakfast, it was so nice!
big_smile.png

I received a case of half-pint jars for Christmas from my brother, and I had a bunch of blackberries in the freezer.... plus I got a new food mill. My poultry instructor at school is my canning buddy, and she text me a photo of her new monster juicer she got and I mentioned it, so she wanted me to try it out. I did, and it worked great. So, I made 6 half-pints of blackberry jelly and its amazing. I've got to say, I think it is my favorite jelly. Its so simply but its delicious. Im going to make some this year from fresh berries.

Quote:
I find myself going back to the blackberry farm at least 6 times each season filling up MAD baskets. I think this year, I will plant my own blackberries.... my raspberries haven't produced so much yet to keep me happy!

Everything we cook like spaghetti sauce, chili, chicken noodle soup, stew or anything like that. We always make more than we need and eat on it for a day or two then can the rest. Then of course fresh veggies will be put up in the coming months!! Can't wait.

Quote:
I find myself going back to the blackberry farm at least 6 times each season filling up MAD baskets. I think this year, I will plant my own blackberries.... my raspberries haven't produced so much yet to keep me happy!

My great-grandmother planted 4 huge rows when her and my great-grandpa bought the property, oh man, probably 70 years back. We're stilling picking blackberries from the same patch and they produce like crazy!

Our raspberries produce a few handfuls, but they're so scattered that I just dont bother with saving them. We eat them fresh.

Quote:
Beautiful! I canned cranberry sauce for the first time this holiday season - really enjoying it too.

My brother would just love your dilled veggies and cauliflower - pickled vegetables of any kind are right on the money for him.

Quote:
I KNOW! finally, the fruits of our labor!
big_smile.png

It sure does make dinner easier in the winter... when i have time to cook... wait, maybe I should save it for summer when I am busy canning.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom