What are you canning now?

Hi all!
frow.gif

Two days ago I canned 8 pints of dill pickles. I use the fresh pack recipe in the Ball Blue Book but cut out all the sugar and add garlic, bay leaf, dill and mustard seed, and black peppercorns to each jar. I also soaked a bunch of dill wrapped in cheese cloth in the vinegar mixture for a lot longer than the 15 minutes they recommend. I'd have made more but I couldn't find any more pint jars not in use! Plan to pick up more jars today.

Scored on 2 huge boxes of pears today from a friend of my mom's. I still have pear butter from last year, so please give me some ideas!!!!

I have peaches, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, lemons and nectarines will be ripe soon - so combination of fruits is possible too.

Scored on 2 huge boxes of pears today from a friend of my mom's. I still have pear butter from last year, so please give me some ideas!!!!

I have peaches, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, lemons and nectarines will be ripe soon - so combination of fruits is possible too.

Have you tried pear honey before? It tastes exactly like honey but is made from pears and lemons. It is dreamy!!

We made 22 pints of green beans and 8 pints of pasta sauce. Have one more batch of salsa and pasta sauce I need to do in the next couple of days but sadly work comes first.

I just finished monkey butter 4 pints and it is super good and easy to make. I did salsa today also 4 pints. Taking a brief canning break and gonna do zucchini bread 2moro!

Last 25 lbs frozen lbs of romas are now cooking on stove!!!! Probably another 7 qts of pasta sauce and made enough slasa in fridge for about 8 more pints!!!!

Woohoo, you go, girl! I'm contemplating getting another couple cases of Romas myself. The last 2 netted me 10 quarts of nice pasta sauce, but no juice, plain tomatoes or salsa. Really wish we had room to grow enough for ourselves here, but we'd have to put the whole yard in nothing but...and then where would the chickens go?? LOL

Has anyone canned butternut squash using the water bath method instead of a pressure canner? I usually freeze my butternut but would like to can it this year. Any tips for processing time?

Back
Top Bottom