What are you canning now?

She probably had to go running around town to find jars and produce.
smile.png

Hey sorry... lol

I guess I get busy on the weekends.
roll.png
Everything went find, I am very happy with it. I have not canned anything with it, as I noticed when reading the manual that the regulation weight was 'not' included. So I ordered one off of amazon yesterday. It should be here next week and I will begin canning then.

I am going to walmart today, and I will get a box of quart jars so I can do some chicken stock this week.

I am going to do a waterbath on my jellies this week while I wait. It will be so great to be able to fit in 2 dz 1/2 pints and knock those out quicker then with my 12 qt pot.
smile.png

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone about the comments on my new "toy". Well, I did a batch of Mulberry jelly this weekend (juice from the freezer) and it went OK. The pot is large with a bottom that is 11" across. My large burner is only 9" so I had a hard time getting a good hard boil. I have another burner that gets a bit hotter but I was too far along in the process to change and have it sit while the other burner got hot. I also have a griddle type burner that has two elements and going to see if that one works better. Still investigating the exact details of getting the new jars to seal. There is information out there saying they are perfect for water bath canning but I get seems to find the exact details - but I will and will post the results when I find out. I went for broke and ordered 120 jars to get a price break and shipping was around $45.00 so not too bad.

Here is the link.

http://www.specialtybottle.com/

I have to have two biopsies today as a precautionary measure to rule out breast cancer and they say to go home a relax after the procedure. So plan to go home and relax and make some lemon curd. This will be a very busy week since our entire family is renting a house on the coast and going there to celebrate my mother's 80th Birthday. Since I'm considered the gourmet cook of the family I have a lot of items to prepare. Going to do a Jambalaya, Calm Chowder and Baked Beans before we go on Thursday and we have to bake off about 6 loaves of bread. Man I'm wore out just typing about it. But it should be a good time and we are hoping for good weather - want to do some kite flying on the beach which is always a favorite for everyone.

Happy canning and keep good thoughts for me -its a bit scary even though its precautionary.

Sandee

Hope everything goes well on the biopsies, Sandee.

Enjoy the time off with your family! That sounds so fun! How nice that you can all get together to celebrate.

Will say a prayer, Sandee.
hugs.gif
Your idea of go home and relax is like mine....relaxing to me because I enjoy it and it keeps my mind busy, but I'm sure not in the way the doctor meant.
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom