1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What are you doing for Halloween this year?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just curious what everyone is planning for Halloween this year. Show me your decorations, costumes, or tell me about your plans!

I'll probably ressurrect one of my old costumes and use it for a couple school event we have for Halloween. Here's a poor picture of my favorite costume. I was using it to table in the hallway to get people to come to our Lolla-No-Booza event.

[​IMG]

I also plan on doing a local corn maze and maybe a couple haunted houses. I am really hoping to visit the Eastern State Penitentiary again this year. That was soo spooky the last time I was there and now that I have a new camera, I would love to take it and get some new photos!

Here was my scarecrow costume. I'm on the right. My mom made it for me to wear to our annual family reunion last year! I thought she did a great job!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  2. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Love the costumes! I usually take my younger family around every year but this year they are old enough to go alone [​IMG] So i will probably find a costume and just pass out candy all night. My tradition every year though is to take tootsi pops and turn them into ghosts for young kids! They know my house every year as the ghost house and all the parents love it!

3. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I'm going to be a chicken, my fiance is going to be an egg, and our BFF is going to be a farmer XD

4. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    A few human sacrifices, just kidding, actually not much other than take advantage of the post Halloween candy sales.

5. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    I'm just going to buy some candy and wait for NaNoWriMo to start. While in costume.

6. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    Nothing, we get no kiddies to our house. Work holds a costume and best decorated cubicle contest ... which is fun and cool!

7. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    I'll light a few candles and watch some horror movies with my hubby. No kids around to hand out candy.

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:x2 Minus the hubby part.

We live way out where no one ever stops by our house, plus any truly fun Halloween activities are nearly two hours' a drive away, so, it's mostly going to be an at-home event.

9. I don't celebrate Halloween, but I will enjoy a nice evening at home watching a good movie. Oh, and celebrating my b-day!!! [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Attending an FTA Triennial Review Workshop in Los Angeles. I may just have to take the train to West Hollywood for the parade. They always have the BEST costumes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by