What are you simmering away in the crockpot now?

hunterjumper999

Songster
11 Years
Dec 26, 2008
Box Springs
I am cooking Collards and Chipped ham from a recipe that I modified off Food.com.

it's about 10 cups collards, 5 cups water, 1/4 cup ACV, chipped ham ( you know the brown dried out bits off the ham) , salt, peper and some cajun spice.

Cooking on high 2 hrs and low for the rest of the day.

I absolutely love collards! I grew up in New England and never heard of them until I moved to NC when I was an adult. Maybe that's what I'll cook tomorrow but right now in the crockpot is Chicken Tortilla Soup.
droolin.gif

I've got a pork roast that's been rubbed with a mixture of green chilis, chili powder, oregano, taco seasoning, and minced garlic. I'm making some tortilla shells to go along with it. You are supposed to shred it when it's done. It smells delicious. Never made it before -- it's courtesy of Miss Jayne via Facebook.

Not tonight, but yesterday:
Pork neckbones with onions & vinegar - about 2 cups water to 1/4 cup cider vinegar. And that is all except for a sprinkle of dried thyme.
When I got home I tossed in some egg noodles & let them cook while I fed chickens, horses & barncat.

Meat was so tender it just fell off the bones.
Leftovers will get made into spaghetti gravy - probably also done in the crockpot.

I love cold weather only because I can crock-cook.

Not a darn thing unfortunately! Now that the weather's a tad bit cooler here and after reading all this I'm ready to dig it out and fire it up. And then wildorchid053 just HAS to post a delicious pic!
droolin.gif
Think I'll pop in a roast and some veggies tomorrow. Off to the store!

Back
Top Bottom