What are your pigeons for?

I'm excited! Found Quail for sale at a local flea market... which is great because I was expecting to have to hope I could get some from another BYC member or have to drive three hours round trip for them!

My Pet, Phati

Guess I can join the ranks of pigeon keepers.

Found these beauties... domestic Pheasant Pigeons. They were pretty far away from me (2.5hrs)... but I couldn't resist. They are very attractive birds.

I got 2 mated pairs... an extra hen and a fledgling I'm currently weaning.

I'm excited to get to know them... and pigeons in general. Seem like such pleasant creatures (poop not withstanding).

Cheers!

Thanks! They are very lovely. Honestly... not sure what I'm doing with these.

My original interest in pigeons was for the purpose of the utility breeds. I liked the idea of a fairly low maintenance, sustainable flock that would raise their own young for me.

That said... these aren't really the ideal pigeons for that purpose. So I'm going to use them for the experience of raising pigeons. To try my hand at it... if you will.

If the experience goes well... I may acquire some others for my original intent.

Cheers!

Thanks! Im sorry im so late in replying, im in school again and my Classes are:idunno keeping me busy!

I got mine for free from my bosses hay barn
big_smile.png
they are pretty much descendants from some my Grandpa used to have a long time ago that mixed with a few other feral pigeons. But I got mine to sell and also eye candy. I also plan on getting some Homers to release at weddings in hopes of them paying for themselves.

My Lahore, he's a bit skittish. Would love to have a tamer one, but he's gentle. I have rescued others in the past, but my condo has restrictions on number of pets. He stays on patio in a large 36 x 48 large cage. I use walnut bird litter so poos easy to scoop.

Back
Top Bottom