What bread is this Rooster ??????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by gander007, Jul 30, 2014.

1. [​IMG]
    He came from some EE egg's I ordered in the mail ....

[​IMG]
    He is of good size and very mellow ...... oh he is almost 30 week old ......

2. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

Are you sure? He looks kinda like a Cochin x leghorn mix, but I could also be wrong

3. The only thing I am sure of is he is a rooster and not an EE that is for sure [​IMG]

I thank you for your time .... [​IMG]

4. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

Lol and your welcome. Very beautiful rooster though :)

5. Griffinsong

Griffinsong Songster

May 28, 2010
    He is a mix, probably of Cochin[or possibly Langshan] and a straight-combed columbian/blacktailed breed, probably with white legs, Something like a Light Sussex. He seems to have some yellow so he might be from a sex-linked breeding. [gold/silver base color]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014

6. I have been looking them up to see what they look like and you could very well be calling this one [​IMG]

The only thing I know is he is really big for his age ...... [​IMG]

7. kittydoc

kittydoc Songster

Apr 18, 2012
    Near Indianapolis
    He's got Columbian tail feathers, feathered feet like a Brahma. If you sawed him in half, the back half says Light Brahma to me, but the neck would also be Columbian if it were a purebred Light Brahma. Not sure what you got on the front end!

8. Alright two of the other egg's that hatched out were hens and one of the lady's is white just like him and the other is a Carmel color maybe I will try to catch them to take a photo of them they just both try to hide all day under the cages or the shed as I let them free range do to nether look to be of any pure bread but do look good running around the yard and plenty of people have asked to buy them but I haven't any idea what they are .....

I thank you for your time now I have to look the chickens up you mentioned ........ [​IMG]

It is the huge comb on the rooster that gets me [​IMG]

9. [​IMG][​IMG]can anyone tell me what these 2 are

10. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Crowing

Jul 24, 2013
    They're probably White Rock pullets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: