What breed, age & gender? Please :)

Definitely pullets! I am also surprised they aren't laying. Their combs look like they should be or are extremely close. Maybe they have a hidden nest? The stress of moving can also make them stop. I agree that they look like Blue Andalusians, so keep an eye out for white eggs
Yay! Us too! They seem pretty comfortable with us. We built them a big enough coop, they pretty much free range our backyard from about 8am-5pm. We live in Southern California so a lot of sun! :). They seem content! They are hilarious! Lol. We went to feed store. Bought them laying pellets but they disliked it and weren’t eating enough we thought, so we added warm water to eat to create mash and they love it now. And they also gave us scratch with oyster shell, which we give as a treat morning & right before they head in. I was praying for hens or else my neighbors would not be happy if they were roosters lol

check for hidden nests, and then put golf balls or fake eggs in the nesting box. My first time layer (who laid her first egg ever today!!!!) pranced right over to the nesting box and laid right next to her sisters eggs. I think having that pile of eggs waiting to be collected made her think "oh, guess mine should go there too"

check for hidden nests, and then put golf balls or fake eggs in the nesting box. My first time layer (who laid her first egg ever today!!!!) pranced right over to the nesting box and laid right next to her sisters eggs. I think having that pile of eggs waiting to be collected made her think "oh, guess mine should go there too"
We have checked but no sign of white eggs anywhere. I have one nesting box and put pine shavings and an egg in there. But no signs of eggs. So cool! Can’t wait until ours start. So my son can witness it! What an exciting day for you! 😍

Back
Top Bottom