What breed and sex (If you can tell) am I?

Redhead Hen

Songster
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Rising Sun, Maryland
This chick hatched out of a miss-marked egg. The egg said "Giant Cochin" and this is NOT a Giant Cochin.
smile.png
Here are some pics of the chick starting with a few days old up to now - about a month old. Thanks!!
smile.png

27994_dsc02129.jpg

Here it is with some Buff Orp chicks the same age.
27994_dsc02138.jpg

Now this is what it looks like today!
27994_dsc02161.jpg

27994_dsc02163.jpg

Shot looking straight down.
wink.png

27994_dsc02164.jpg

Oh and please tell me this is not a boy! It grew tail feathers as fast as my Buff Orp pullet! And My Buff Orp cockerel has redder waddles and comb.
fl.gif
fl.gif

27994_dsc02165.jpg

Thanks for looking!
smile.png

Hmm, maybe a Welsummer? I kind-of looks like my Speckled Sussex, but not close enough to say that is what it is. I am leaning more towards Welsummer. And, I am also leaning towards roo with the comb and wattles.

I'm not familiar with either one of those breeds. Guess I should go take a look! I know I had posted this chick as a baby and someone thought maybe a RIR or something similar. But I really was not feeling that was a good fit. Hummmmm ... maybe it's a cross between Speckeled Sussex and Welsummer?
idunno.gif
Ha!

I'm thinking speckled Sussex. I can't remember exactly how mine looked at that age, but one of them was very pale as a chick, not the typical "chipmunk" coloring. He is looking speckled though. Where did you get it?

I hatched it from eggs my husband ordered. The seller has tons of breeds and can't tell us for sure what it is. Especially since the egg was marked as a Giant Cochin.
hu.gif

looks like an EE roo to me. One of my EE roos looked just like that as a youngin. So I have to say EE roo. Sorry about the Roo part tho lol.

Back
Top Bottom