what breed is alpha?

i dont think she is a cross of leghorn or buff, because she doesnt stand tall and does not look like a orpington at all, but she may be... her colors are also different, but as said before she maybe and also that she is a hen maybe she wont beso tall, she is lean anywway.

Last edited:
TO Aaisha.....I have raised, hatched, and sold commercial type new Hampshires going back over 60 years....I am confident that the Brown/Red rooster is a New Hampshire....The other male in the picture is also a New Hampshire of a slightly darker hue....The body type is clearly New Hampshire...Actually he is a very nice Rooster....Sometimes New Hampshires will be very light in color.....The hen looks like an old Buff Orpington whose color has washed out from aging....This does happen....I had several Buff pullets from McMurray that were very light to begin with and grew lighter with age....This does not mean that they are crossbreds, just a result of the selection emphasis for utility and not standard color and type....Take Care Always

new hampshires are not common over here, but are sold and alpha does not have ny of those green tail feathers, so i dont think he is a hampshire, but he maybe a cross. also, he is bigger then the other hampshire chickens, that i saw on breeder websites, so basically i think there is a buff orpington cross, but who knows, maybe he is a cross of hampshire and BO, and by the way i got the hen very whitish color, and she was just out of the brooder that time..

Last edited:
The only thing that makes me say the hen is not pure BO is the facts that she is not all one color. Fading is undertable but i dont think the body would fade and not the head.

Back
Top Bottom