What breed is my mystery chick?

ForFlocksSake

Songster
Jun 2, 2023
North Florida/Panhandle
I posted about this one a couple of weeks ago but now that she’s bigger I’m wondering if anyone can tell me her breed. TSC said Blue Plymouth Rock which is obviously incorrect. She’s about 6 1/2- 7 weeks I’d say, but not real way to know.
IMG_1548.jpeg
IMG_1546.jpeg
IMG_1549.jpeg

Looks like a pullet for now. I’m guessing it’s hot where you are? The comb is different colors in each photo. But a cockerel would be whiter than this bird.
Yes I’m in the panhandle of Florida. It’s 90s every day. I took those photos all together so it wasn’t different days if that’s what you mean. Does heat affect the color of their combs early? I have a RIR that has a slightly pink comb and I’m so worried it’s going to end up a cockerel.

Yes I’m in the panhandle of Florida. It’s 90s every day. I took those photos all together so it wasn’t different days if that’s what you mean. Does heat affect the color of their combs early? I have a RIR that has a slightly pink comb and I’m so worried it’s going to end up a cockerel.

I’ve noticed when I’m outside watching my birds their comb colors will change and go back to normal, depending on what they are doing. Sometimes it’s a matter of seconds too. Taken same day but when she was relaxing and not running around in the heat went back to her normal color. As long as it stays pink and small you are in the clear. As Jed said the coloring of the feathers and wash down the legs are all female indicators. 👍

Attachments

• IMG_9792.jpeg
    IMG_9792.jpeg
    629.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9889.jpeg
    IMG_9889.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom