What breed is my rooster?

Thank you! I know these are pretty basic questions but it seems we do enjoy our chickens enough that they will likely become a major part of the farm operation at some point. I guess I'd rather ask dumb questions and learn than not ask and not learn.
tongue.png

There is no such thing as a dumb question - I love seeing people who want to learn! And, yes, chickens have a way of completely taking over in ways you never expect when you first start thinking, "Maybe we'll get a few chickens", lol.

There is no such thing as a dumb question - I love seeing people who want to learn!  And, yes, chickens have a way of completely taking over in ways you never expect when you first start thinking, "Maybe we'll get a few chickens", lol.

Hahaha! "Well, maybe we'll get a few chickens" never happened exactly like that... Someone dropped off (or we had a seriously lost stray) a little bantam rooster that hung out and totally fended for himself in our farmyard about a year and a half ago. After the coyote or something got him 9 mos or so later, my FIL says 'where did that rooster go? All the grain around the bins and the dryer was cleaned up and it looked so nice. I guess we'd better get another one, try to get a hen too maybe we could get some eggs out of her. I got him 2 chickens last fall, then someone dropped off 6 more. I built them a coop in an unused grain bin and all was well. Next thing I knew it was a dozen that we hatched from our girls,100 cr x for meat, 50 'free bonus chicks' and off we go!

Back
Top Bottom