What breed is Pingu the rooster?

HollyWoozle

Crowing
5 Years
Jun 12, 2018
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
I posted elsewhere a few weeks ago about rehoming a new rooster, Pingu. I’m in the UK and there are loads given away for free since people don’t want to keep the males - Pingu was very conveniently located, well cared for and belonged to a little boy before coming to us. The owner (little boy’s Mum) said that Pingu is a Columbine, but I believe that’s a Cream Legbar hybrid and he doesn’t look like one?

He looks to me like some sort of Araucana mix, although his feather colours on the breast remind me of a Barbu d’Uccle and he has that upright comb. I’m really clueless about breeds and it doesn’t matter at all, I am just curious to hear your thoughts! D9C79B0F-53D3-4F21-8D81-4930324A2BC5.jpeg

He does look like a d’uccle mix. Is he bantam sized?

Not bantam-sized. I think @OneHappyRooster is right in saying he's a Crested Cream Legbar Cross actually... I didn't think so until it was said, but the more I have looked the more that sounds about right. :D Thanks for your thoughts though!

Not bantam-sized. I think @OneHappyRooster is right in saying he's a Crested Cream Legbar Cross actually... I didn't think so until it was said, but the more I have looked the more that sounds about right. :D Thanks for your thoughts though!
If he is a cream legbar mix, then he’s a second generation cross, since any roosters from a first generation cream legbar cross would be barred (he isn’t). So, you’ve probably got yourself a mix of mixes.

Back
Top Bottom