What breed is she? Purple skin, white feathers, and black spots.

You might never know what breeds they are.
these two chickens created some very different babies. He looks like an amber sex link and she looks like a barred rock
6BD36FA3-A036-4CA4-977A-1F6695B6172D.png
I was shocked when these two were hatched. 845549A8-1AAF-4E17-B704-846969724B3B.png 8CC4BA51-E72A-43B4-987C-03E705E63479.jpeg

Last March, TSC got a bunch of new chicks. In one bin they had Black Stars and Isa Browns. I got both of those kinds, but then they had tons of white chicks with purple skin and black spots. I asked their breed and TSC was clueless, they didn't even know what Black Stars were. They called them Hoovers. So I got two of the "unkown" white chicks. Theyre now a year old and lay brown eggs. They're decently friendly but not overly so. Their feathers aren't a snow white, but I don't have a white bird to compare the shade to. The black spots are small, being just tiny flecks on their heads and necks, then a little bigger on their backs. Their skin is PURPLE! I have black skinned chickens so I know what Black skin looks like, but these two are PURPLE! And their comb is single. View attachment 1300095 View attachment 1300101 View attachment 1300102 View attachment 1300103
They look like moonbeam chickens.

Last March, TSC got a bunch of new chicks. In one bin they had Black Stars and Isa Browns. I got both of those kinds, but then they had tons of white chicks with purple skin and black spots. I asked their breed and TSC was clueless, they didn't even know what Black Stars were. They called them Hoovers. So I got two of the "unkown" white chicks. Theyre now a year old and lay brown eggs. They're decently friendly but not overly so. Their feathers aren't a snow white, but I don't have a white bird to compare the shade to. The black spots are small, being just tiny flecks on their heads and necks, then a little bigger on their backs. Their skin is PURPLE! I have black skinned chickens so I know what Black skin looks like, but these two are PURPLE! And their comb is single. View attachment 1300095 View attachment 1300101 View attachment 1300102 View attachment 1300103
I so want one! I think @Chicks In VA had one very similar to her!

Back
Top Bottom