What breed is this bantam?

We know its a hatchery bantam. Clean legged, yellow legged, 4 toes, single combed, and red. That narrows it down a lot. I'm not saying its impossible that it could be a Cochin that didn't get leg feathers for some reason. Nor am I 100% positive that its a RIR. But RIR is most likely is what I'm saying. Also some more time to develop may prove me wrong.

RIR bantam chicks look just like that. A RIR is much more likely than a Cochin with clean legs. And its possible for any breed to be frizzled. I've even had frizzles pop at random in me Swedish Flower Hens even.
Isn't frizzled a dominant trait?

Isn't frizzled a dominant trait?

Not completely. If you breed frizzle to smooth you'll get 1/2 and 1/2 roughly. Feathered legs is a dominant trait though. If at least one parent has feathered legs then all the offspring will have feathered legs of some degree.

Not completely. If you breed frizzle to smooth you'll get 1/2 and 1/2 roughly. Feathered legs is a dominant trait though. If at least one parent has feathered legs then all the offspring will have feathered legs of some degree.
Yes, I know this.

Could the first one be a Japanese Bantam? They also fit the description, clean yellow legs, single comb, buff and they come in frizzled.

Back
Top Bottom