WHAT BREED IS THIS BANTAM????!!!

X3 on the Cochin, hatchery quality but beautiful nonetheless! Cochin x silkie, in my experience, results in some very beautiful, sweet, colorful chicks!
aw thanks. i will try crossing them and update this forum on what happens. but seems like the silkie has got worms so have to fix her up before they come together

Cochin. If crossed with a Silkie you'd get Silkie/Cochin mixes. Silkie/Cochin crosses are some of they best broody hens.

what will i get if i cross with silkie bantam.

The chicks will grow up to be bantam sized.

They will most likely have normal-type feathers, not silkie feathers.

They will have feathered feet.

Silkies have very dark or black skin, but the crossed chicks will have lighter skin (might still be darker than the cochin's skin color.)

Combs will be shaped somewhat like the silkie's comb, but probably not exactly. Might be bigger than the silkie's comb.

If the silkie has a beard, the chicks might have beards too. If the silkie has no beard, then the chicks will have no beard.

Chicks will have crests on their heads, although probably smaller crests than the silkie has. (Silkies are supposed to have crests. If you have a "silkie" with no crest, then the chicks will have no crest.)

Silkies are supposed to have 5 toes. If yours does, then some or all of the chicks will also have 5 toes.

Color of chicks will depend on the color of the silkie, and on the genetics of the Cochin. There are several different combinations that can make a chicken look "white," and I have no idea what he's got. You might get white chicks, but you might not.

Back
Top Bottom