What breed is this gentleman?

Missxmantha

Chirping
Mar 6, 2023
I'm like 80% sure it's a boy. But I'm not sure what breed he is. He had VERY puffy cheeks as a baby. I'll attach a picture of him then, as well as now. He's about 5-6 weeks old. His name is Sir Cluck 😂😂

Attachments

• 20230327_094610.jpg
    20230327_094610.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230501_180043.jpg
    20230501_180043.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20230501_180132.jpg
    20230501_180132.jpg
    598 KB · Views: 1
Hello there!

I agree with you in that it looks like a cockerel, at least to me.

It also looks like he may be a sapphire gem. The chick looks very similar or maybe even identical, and he has the same feathers, legs, comb, and beak of one. I’m not entirely sure though, because there are a lot of breeds that look similar to sapphire gems (such as blue Andalusian, Australorp, Ameraucana, Wyandotte, and blue Plymouth Rock) not to mention hybrids that may inherit the genes that give them the same appearance as one of the parents. Sorry I can’t tell you for sure, but I hope this helps! :)

Hello there!

It also looks like he may be a sapphire gem. The chick looks very similar or maybe even identical, and he has the same feathers, legs, comb, and beak of one. I’m not entirely sure though, because there are a lot of breeds that look similar to sapphire gems (such as blue Andalusian, Australorp, Ameraucana, Wyandotte, and blue Plymouth Rock) not to mention hybrids that may inherit the genes that give them the same appearance as one of the parents. Sorry I can’t tell you for sure, but I hope this helps! :)
He very well could be a sapphire gem! The breeder I purchased him from does breed those. That would make sense. Thank you, I really appreciate it!

Hello there!

But aren't sapphire gems an auto sexing breed? I don't recall a white spot on his head 🤔🤔. I'll have to look back at my pictures

Back
Top Bottom