What breed is this?

No, the comb would be very red by now if it was a cockrel.
I think you'd be suprised 😉

What Basty said. The bird pictured was over three months old
Screenshot_20230610_012524_Gallery.jpg

Crazy. Zero indication aside from the obvious red shoulders.

That's the way it's supposed to be. You can still sex them, but if there isn't any leakage it's really tricky. And as mentioned before, the legs don't work. At least with out lines here. Aseel deliver the final blows with their legs, and thus all birds have really thick legs

That's the way it's supposed to be. You can still sex them, but if there isn't any leakage it's really tricky. And as mentioned before, the legs don't work. At least with out lines here. Aseel deliver the final blows with their legs, and thus all birds have really thick legs
Oh ho, this is one of those fighting chickens from the previous thread where someone had found one. These are really, really cool chickens.

Also bred to have smaller combs and waTTles as I understand it. Combs and wattles bleed extensively and that is not a good deal for a fighting chicken.

Oh ho, this is one of those fighting chickens from the previous thread where someone had found one. These are really, really cool chickens.

Also bred to have smaller combs and waTTles as I understand it. Combs and wattles bleed extensively and that is not a good deal for a fighting chicken.

Yes, this is an aseel (aka my favorite breed). You are correct, they are supposed to have smaller combs, and no wattles (although mine is lacking in this department). It's not the only adaptation they have though. I could talk about them for hours, so I'm going to shut up

Back
Top Bottom