What Breed of Duck is this?

Diamond Peno

Songster
Mar 27, 2015
Sinnamahoning PA
Can anyone tell my what the 2 brown ducks are. I have looked up Silver Appleyards and welsh harlequins and they sorta look like both or a cross. Possible Khaki mix but not full.
They were dropped off as tiny baby's you see other pictures. Someone put them in my large coop one day when I was not home. I thought at 1st it they were geese or wild ducks till i picked them up or that my chicken hen hatched out some duck crosses. BUT when I checked them over better they were way to old to be just hatched. I know their not Khaki's as I have had them before although the male looks like some I have seen but yet still a little off.
The 1st few pictures are of them now and the others are them the day I found them and a few weeks after.

Attachments

• IMG_8441.JPG
    IMG_8441.JPG
    791.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8442.JPG
    IMG_8442.JPG
    537.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8443.JPG
    IMG_8443.JPG
    651.9 KB · Views: 14
  • dustyandmuddlepuddle2.jpg
    dustyandmuddlepuddle2.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 15
  • dustyandmuddpuddle1.jpg
    dustyandmuddpuddle1.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 15
  • dutyandmudpuddle.jpg
    dutyandmudpuddle.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 16
Your drake looks a lot like my Khaki/Appleyard drake as an adult but not in the duckling picture. He has a more russet breast than my pure Khaki and the green of his head extends down his back (first picture with a pure Khaki hen). The second picture is of him as a duckling. I recently hatched some Khaki/Harlequin babies -they do not look like yours at all. So, I think you are right that they are some sort of Khaki mix and I would lean more toward Appleyard cross than Harlequin.
575025AA-B961-4C6B-BF38-FB107F23AFB2.jpeg
IMG_2226 2.jpg

I was also looking up Orphinton could they be them or a hybrid of them. No one else around here has khakis or crosses or did last year the were dropped off, apples apple crossed far as I found out... But some did have golden golden crossed and orphinton and crossed ones. BUT non of theirs were missing nor did they hatch out. they had some at TS last year looked like these BUT when I asked even my friend that worked there said they just got a mixed flock in. BUT she said they did not look Khaki but almost like the apples or an orphington or a some khaki crosses she had seen.

Back
Top Bottom