What breed(s) are these hens?

HLKgurl

Chirping
Feb 8, 2016
What are the breeds of the following hens? Thanks!

Chicken1.jpg
Chicken2.jpg
Chicken3.jpg
Chicken4.jpg
Chicken5.jpg
Chicken6.jpg
Chicken7.jpg
Chicken8.jpg
Chicken9.jpg
Chicken10.jpg
Chicken11.jpg

Thank you!

I got them from someone liquidating their collection of heritage breeds just 15 minutes from me, but the person who met me there didn't know the specific breeds, so I just picked out my favorites :) So glad there's rocks and chantecelers in there!

Not sure what the skin color is on that hen. To be an Australorp, what color should it be?

I don't think #1 and #3 are chanteclers, they don't have the same body shape. But, the only other white chicken that I can think of with red earlobes and a comb like that are white wyandottes. As for the others, #2 is a white rock, #4, #5, and #6 are silver pencilled rocks, #7 is a red sex link, #8 is a partridge rock, #9 is an australorp, and #10 and #11 are easter eggers.

I agree with @TheKindaFarmGal, the pictures are great and your chickens are b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! :love
I'll take a guess on the breeds, too! (Though I know my guesses are the same as some of the others'). :)
#1. White Wyandotte, I'd assume, as the comb doesn't quite remind me of a cushion comb, so no to the Chantecler if it's not one. (Though, to be honest, is there such a thing as a White Wyandotte?)
#2. Plymouth White Rock, I'm assuming (unless she has a white earlobe, then she's not that). And #3 is probably either that, too, or what number one, is, as I can't quite tell if her comb is actually a single one or not.
#4, #5, and #6 remind me of Silver Pencilled Plymouth Rocks.
#7 might be a Red Sex Link.
#8 reminds me of a Double Laced Barnevelder.
#9 is a Black Australorp, and, if #10 has a single comb--as it's a bit hard to see from that angle--then she's a Black Australorp, too.
And #11 looks like a Black Ameraucana; pea comb, muffs, slate legs; that points to that breed, I believe. :)

Back
Top Bottom