What breed(s) are these hens?

HLKgurl

Chirping
Feb 8, 2016
What are the breeds of the following hens? Thanks!

Chicken1.jpg
Chicken2.jpg
Chicken3.jpg
Chicken4.jpg
Chicken5.jpg
Chicken6.jpg
Chicken7.jpg
Chicken8.jpg
Chicken9.jpg
Chicken10.jpg
Chicken11.jpg

1. White Wyandotte
2. White Plymouth Rock
3. White Wyandotte
4. Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock
5. Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock
6. Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock
7. Red Sexlink
8. Partridge Plymouth Rock
9. Need to see bottom of feet. Pink =Australorp, Yellow = Jersey Giant
10. Black Jersey Giant "if single combed, can't see comb very good"
11. Black Ameraucana

Nice, nice, nice set of hens.

Thank you!

I got them from someone liquidating their collection of heritage breeds just 15 minutes from me, but the person who met me there didn't know the specific breeds, so I just picked out my favorites :) So glad there's rocks and chantecelers in there!

Not sure what the skin color is on that hen. To be an Australorp, what color should it be?

Thank you!
They are, but I was getting light blue eggs from my other EE's. I am getting very dark brown eggs now that I got this bunch of hens. Not sure who's giving me those! Also getting more light blue/green eggs.
Hmmm. Well #10 has a small beard and pea comb so I think it is either an easter egger or Ameraucana cross. If it were pure Ameraucana it would have white under the feet, not yellow. #11 could be a pure Ameraucana, but check the skin under those feet. If they're yellow, she's an easter egger or cross.

I don't think #1 and #3 are chanteclers, they don't have the same body shape. But, the only other white chicken that I can think of with red earlobes and a comb like that are white wyandottes. As for the others, #2 is a white rock, #4, #5, and #6 are silver pencilled rocks, #7 is a red sex link, #8 is a partridge rock, #9 is an australorp, and #10 and #11 are easter eggers.

Back
Top Bottom