What Breed/s are These?

sunstruckpebbles

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2020
I have two chickens who look very different from the rest of my flock, and I was hoping someone here'd be able to help me with finding out what breed/s they've got in them! They're definitely not purebred, since most chickens born within my flock are mixes, but I don't know the parents nor have any other information on them.

Here's the first. I'd think that she's descended from a Buff Orp or something like that, but she's got a white kind of barring type pattern going on (??), and she's nowhere near as big/fluffy as one - we had a couple of Orpingtons recently and they were massive, lol. I think she's from one of our Barnevelder roosters as the black marks in her neck feathers and black tail often come from those.
1594790267203.png

This is the second, who's a fair bit smaller than the above (and most of our chickens, actually) and a very sassy girl. Sorry for the bad image, it's pretty old!
1594790417152.png

Thoughts? Any feedback is appreciated :)

Thanks for reading!

What barred (or maybe mottled?) birds do you have that could be the parents?

We had this rooster when they were born:
1594855714725.png

Sorry for another bad image, these are all on my old phone. He might be a Plymouth Rock cross? I'm not sure, as we accidentally bought him as a pullet with a few others a long time ago. I'm 90% sure he's the father of both chickens, though.

We didn't really have any other spotted/similar kind chickens at the time. I think this girl might be the mother of both, though (in separate litters):
1594856030018.png

That's only a guess, because I don't see who else could've been their mum. We do have a Rhode Island Red and her daughters, who are crossed with Barnevelder, though. They might be? My bet is on the above girl.

Back
Top Bottom