What breed to get???

What breed????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would recommend the brahmas, they are very pretty and sweet. I personally prefer the look of the light brahmas. They are decent layers and are not a production breed. If you added other to that list I would have said Jersey Giant. They are good layers, are sweet and full of personality, and are not production breeds. I hope you enjoy the breeds you get!

Brahmas are poor layers.and take forever to even start laying. I had a maran she was skittish so I sold her and the lav orp i had was aggressive so i ate it lol never had a dom but id choose that as I hate single combs lol
I had the same experience with Orpingtons. Had 9, and now only 1 because the other 7 (1 got killed, presumably by the orpingtons) became crazy, bloodthirsty birds that would strike whenever they felt like it. Lost many including a family favorite from them.

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

yeah I have the bantam version but i want light

yeah I know where to get them though
Ok!

If you know where to get them, then they'd be a great choice. They're a very beautiful bird. They do like to go broody and make excellent mother's.

Ok!

If you know where to get them, then they'd be a great choice. They're a very beautiful bird. They do like to go broody and make excellent mother's.
My buff orp is hiding eggs and sleeping in the nesting box. She did go broody for a few days but i broke her. About the 5th time she has tried this year.

Brahmas all the way. I love them! They are so friendly, quirky, an nice looking. I get a decent amount of eggs also.
So far they have been pretty much bulletproof too.
View attachment 3354958
View attachment 3354961
I love brahmas! I have only had light but plan on getting a different color. Mine has twisted toes and i have to cull her she can barely walk.

Back
Top Bottom