What breeds are "hot" for 2010?

Chickie'sMoma :

though hatcheries carry the large fowl i've noticed a rare few who are carrying the 'exhibition quality' bantams-Purely Poultry and Stromberg's if you look on their websites. but quality is the key since we've seen few SOP come out of any hatchery.

I'm not sure about Purely, but Stromberg's drop ship EVERYTHING. So i'm glad to see that they are using quality breeders.​

I agree... the heritage and rare breeds are catching alot of attention right now.
Personally, I have noticed Javas and Delawares being talked about alot on the BYC. I hope it continues for both the breeds, they really trully are awsome breeds! I highly recomend both!
big_smile.png

You guys are right! I would LOVE to have some call ducks, but too expensive around here.
My wishlist would be:
- Orpingtons
- Light/Coronation Sussex
- LF Cochins
- D'Uccles
- Ameraucanas

wink.png

Quote:
Faverolles Faverolles Faverolles I only have eyes for Faverolles (or I try to at least I may have strayed a bit an popped some BLRW bantams in the battor
lol.png
and I also particpated in a swap so we will see what comes of that) But other then that I only have eyes for Faverolles!

Alot of people have showed interest in them and I am have lots of egg orders to fill in febuary so many so that in my intrest and the intrest of my hens I suggest everyone get some awsome eggs from Hattricksilkies she has amazing faverolles and that is were the majority of my flock is from. I have 20 of her faverolles eggs in her bator on day 3 and all but 2 had visable embryos !

GET ON THE FAVEROLLES TRAIN
big_smile.png

I am a big fan of the heritage breeds and anything endangered. (not an environmentalist, just an admirer of the past)
I currently have Light Brahmas and Black Australorps and have Speckled Sussex in the bator.
Any way you look at it, CHICKENS ARE IN FOR 2010.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom