What breeds get along with Easter Eggers?

While it's true some breeds are better at getting along than others, it really comes down to individual chickens. I have a pair of mature Sapphire Gems who, quite unwillingly, got a pair of young Easter Eggers this spring as roommates. At first, the Gems took the best roost, ate most of the food and ran the EE's all over. Although much smaller than the Gems, the EE's now roost where they want and eat when and where they want.

Welcome to the group, and let us know who you decide to add.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
I have EE, Australorp, Plymouth Barred Rocks, White Leghorns, Brown Leghorns, Amerauna, Exchequer Leghorn, Rhode Island Red, Speckled Sussex, Salmon Faverolles, Ancona, Delaware, Welsummers, Cuckoo Marans, etc. They get along fine.
I have EE, Australorp, Plymouth Barred Rocks, White Leghorns, Brown Leghorns, Amerauna, Exchequer Leghorn, Rhode Island Red, Speckled Sussex, Salmon Faverolles, Ancona, Delaware, Welsummers, Cuckoo Marans, etc. They get along fine.
Question which ones get along best with Easter Eggers and are broody and friendly

Which breed breed Is your favorite and gets along with Easter Eggers and is broody

Back
Top Bottom