What chicken will lay white or brown?

1st time

In the Brooder
Jun 30, 2015
Virigina
I have 4 white leghorns 2 buff orpingtons and 1 partridge rock. I am getting white light brown and dark brown. I read the the leghorns are whit but when i actually seen her lay a light brown i was confused. I done some searching on the net and on the BYC and found i could have white rocks. I have read if a chicken has red earlobes the will lay brown and if they have white earlobes they lay white eggs. I am go8ng to try to post picks of them. Can anyone give me advice?

What is the third one down, that might be giving you white eggs, the Orpingtons lay light brown, the rocks should lay medium brown.

I bought the 4 white one at a local tractor supply and was told they were leghorns but I have actually seen 2 of them lay light brown. 1 of them has a lot of red at the tips of her fethers she is onix. I know she lays light brown.

Could some of my white eggs be from my ducks? I just feel I only have 1 duck egg but have gotten several of them after the big white egg.

They are khaki campbell. I just remembered years ago when my mother in law had ducks the duck eggs were fairly large. And most of these white ones don't really look real large. All I know is she had white ducks and they were about the same as my KC.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom