Leaux

Chirping
Sep 12, 2017
Can someone one identify what color this chicken's feathers would be classified as? He/She is either an Easter Egger or Olive Egger, but I have never seen a color pattern quite like it.

Attachments

• ee-oe 2.jpg
    ee-oe 2.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 27
  • ee-oe 3.jpg
    ee-oe 3.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 22
  • ee-oe 4.jpg
    ee-oe 4.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 23
  • ee-oe 1.jpg
    ee-oe 1.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 22
While technically a mutt that bird is pretty!

A similar pattern would be called columbian.

https://www.cacklehatchery.com/columbian-wyandottes.html

Thanks for the compliment and link 21hens! I actually got this chicken from Cackle Hatchery, so the link seemed sort of perfect in the moment. It’s by far my favorite in the flock. I think the pattern and color are just so interesting! I’m glad I can stop referring to it as my tuxedo colored chicken and start calling it something a little more refined like columbian with leakage, lol.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone! The help is truly appreciated. I know EE’s are mutts, but I wanted to try and figure out what breeds contributed to make this particular color pattern. I thought that by identifying the color, I might be able to narrow down the breed options that got thrown into this gene pool. It sounds like any breeds with columbian pattern are a great place to start! I need to figure out how to duplicate this fluffy butt about a million times because I love it that much. I’m rooting for a hen which means I’ll end up with a rooster, lol! If anyone has more tips, hints, knowledge, or kind words, I’m all ears!

@Brahma Chicken5000 so you are thinking I have a hen? The saddle feathers are fairly prominent, like a roo, but the tips are rounded, like a pullet. I literally change my mind on its gender at least 3 times a day. You have given me hope!

Back
Top Bottom