What Colour Should I Get?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Fur-N-Fowl, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Fur-N-Fowl

Fur-N-Fowl Songster

May 25, 2019
    UK
    Thankyou!

They'll be getting a good wash soon and a nail trim. I was surprised to find the partridge laid an egg 1 hour after I brought her home! I had one space left in my incubator so I've popped it in there as the egg will have been fertile from the male she was housed with I believe.

Oh no, you had 4 extra jump in your bag! It wonder how it happens, it's like chickens have a spell on us all :lau

What colours do you have if you don't mind me asking? I'm just interested in hearing about others Silkies too.

As for my Lavender, at the moment she looks more like a silver partridge. She definitely is bred from multiple lavender generations but she was the only one there with a darker head. I don't know if this will lighten up as she gets older?

Either way, I loved both lavender and silver partridge so maybe that's why I was drawn to her more...

I'm on with adding some photos now. They aren't fantastic but it's something :D

2. Fur-N-Fowl

Fur-N-Fowl Songster

May 25, 2019
    UK
    Here they are! :wee

Lavender:
    (Or whatever she decides to be...also, I'm trying to figure out if she will be bearded or not :idunno I'm thinking yes but I've never owned bearded youngsters before so I'm not sure)
    Ahh, I seriously love this bird so much already!
    IMG_9334.JPG
    IMG_9335.JPG
    IMG_9336.JPG
    IMG_9343.JPG

Bearded White:
    IMG_9337.JPG
    IMG_9338.JPG
    IMG_9339.JPG
    IMG_9340.JPG
    IMG_9341.JPG
    IMG_9342.JPG

Partridge: