What did this to Milk? *GRAPHIC PHOTOS*

Oh wow, thats so sad. I am so sorry for your loss. I am guessing a cat...We had mink issues..and they always took the heads completely off. A dog or fox would have drug it off. A cat cant pluck feathers very easily...si I am guessing...feral cat., Get a live trap...or whatever your personal choice is...and lesson that predator level. Again, I am so very sorry.

im sorry. It looks like a raccoon did it.
hugs.gif

I saw a flock of 12 mallard and muscovy ducks killed, all looked the exact same as that. They set a leghold trap and the next morning had a mink.

Hello, I am a nussiance animal trapper. I have seen that done to many birds. It is a skunk ,raccoon or mink. A dog would have pulled more feathers out. A fox would have taken the bird away. If you set a live trap that is baited with the dead bird next to your hen house you might be able to catch the critter when it come back for more free food. Good luck Sorry for your loss.

Quote:
I have to agree with the raccoons. They make a huge mess. Dogs would definitely carry them off and I think cats too. So sorry you had to find that. If I had to pick a predator to live with it would be coyotes before raccoons definitely.

Peggy

I'm so sorry you lost your duck to a pred.
sad.png
I remember your first post about him and how friendly he was and the way he followed you around.
sad.png

He grew up to be a nice looking muscovy. Hope you find the culprit.

Sorry to hear about Milk. I found chickens in the exact same condition and after waiting and watching for a couple nights, it turned out to be a skunk.

Back
Top Bottom