What did you do in the garden today?

We always wanted to fence the property in but everytime we start saving .... life happens. Lol. Like my Sadie needing x rays. She hadn’t pooped for 2 days and didn’t want food yesterday or this morning. And I knew she didn’t feel well when she didn’t want to help”feed the chickens. Really she just strolls the yard while we feed But yup full fence the way to go. One day. I think when it comes to hunting dogs they can’t do anything supposedly. But I know many hunters and no tracking collars or collars at all .. and labs. Idk bout that

Hello all! Had a good Saturday and Sunday with the garden, then we got three inches of rain again yesterday. Dregs of sub-tropical storm Alberto.

I picked the last of the peas and removed the vines. Going to put some more driveway peppers in the space. Also weeded one of the big raised beds that desperately needed it. The watermelon has flowers, the cukes have a couple of itty bitty cukelettes, the bush beans have flowers. The second planting of carrots had a much better germination rate, and I've got several bell peppers and a few 'maters. Cilantro the romaine has all bolted, sigh. The other herbs and driveway plants are doing well. I need to scrounge some more big pots (or shell out for more grow bags). Also to plant some malabar spinach.
Thought I was the only crazy person planting carrots this late. Ha ha. Had the same problem you did but mine germinated better this round. Grow bags are nice but Wally World had xx large pots #5 plastic for less than $7 ea. Planted some potatoes in some their pretty sturdy

We do not have dear folks here I have said they use to see them here but I think our dogs keep them out.. and the fence here is field wire cattle fence in my book we bought farm gates where they had wire cut stretched back across we did it normal right in my play book put a wood and wire fence in what I was gong to use for a garden that is not the chicken yard

Well just had to leave my poor puppy at the vet do you have the fluids work in her for x-rays. Well she’s not a puppy anymore I just call her that she’s 11. She has separation issues so when she realized I wasn’t going to the back with her they literally had to pick all 50 pounds of her up and carry her with a little bit of whimpering. Guess I’ll work on weeding the garden to take my mind off of it but very impatiently waiting for their call back

Sadie sounds a lot like my Lily. She follows me everywhere and will wake up the whole house if I go outside without her.

I hope your puppy is ok!

Oh man--I hope she ended up being ok! My pup Abe is also under the weather. He's 17, and though pretty much totally blind, a little deaf and slightly dotty, he's been a healthy guy. He hurt his back at the end of last week and so off to the vet we went. Now he's on pain meds and I'm having to carry him outside to go or he just does it wherever.

Oh man--I hope she ended up being ok! My pup Abe is also under the weather. He's 17, and though pretty much totally blind, a little deaf and slightly dotty, he's been a healthy guy. He hurt his back at the end of last week and so off to the vet we went. Now he's on pain meds and I'm having to carry him outside to go or he just does it wherever.
The older the dogs the more love it has. I actually took in one of my friends dogs who is 17 and got to the point where we had to carry him outside to use the bathroom but unfortunately he was 80 pounds so it took two of us. Sweetest guy though. My poor girl still at the vet. She has a very big separation issues so I imagine she cried all night. I couldn’t sleep thinking about her sad face all confused. They have to keep her longer because she still won’t go. There’s something blocking and the vet said the last thing she wants to do is cut her open and that’s the last thing I want to be done to

Back
Top Bottom