What did you do in the garden today?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Dara77, May 27, 2012.

1. Wildkatzchicken

Wildkatzchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Georgia...southhhhhhhhhh
    Well I don't know what I will do today ......Yesterday I shook my tomatoes to make sure they are getting pollenation, let the girls (chickens) out to scratch around and get the bugs out of my little front garden. I was excited to see my first squash and a few tomatoes [​IMG] I also suckered the tomatoes and watered them. We have a small garden this year which is [​IMG] so aggrivating to me but I can't complain to much. Tomatoes up to my waist make me happy. I also have alot of various herbs planted in between the tomatoes. Winter kept coming at us this year in South Georgia so it delayed most of my growing. Hopefully I will get a few more things going before I go back to teaching in Aug!

2. birdlady79

birdlady79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2014
    West Tennessee

Lol, I used Linseed oil.

3. Stuffedcritter

Stuffedcritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2014
    Canajoharie
    planted huckel berries, weed some cleaned the rabbit run. Waged war on those nasty slugs.

4. lisa67steve99

lisa67steve99 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2014
    Did some weeding and hoeing. Ran some wire for the half-runners to grow up on and run. Picked basil, mint, lemon balm, and dill. Spread some composted chicken poo on the veggie plants.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  5. birdlady79

birdlady79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2014
    West Tennessee
    Does anyone use Garlic Barrier to keep bugs off of veggies? If so, does it work? Where do you order it from?

6. hosspak

hosspak Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    Before it got too hot, we raised up the drip system sprayer heads..because everything out grew them. Trellised the heirloom tomatoes finally. Started to clean and tie up the first of the zucchini plants, staking them, should have done it sooner. (7 or 8 more to go) Then I had a heat stroke and quit for the day.... We do love gardening........right?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  7. kwissykat

kwissykat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2014
    Linden tennessee
    Woke up this morning and seen that a flash flood took out my whole garden. I'm so devastated. All that work for nothing. Gone in the blink of an eye.

8. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    So sorry to hear this . I have experienced this myself in the past . Some things may survive . Some of mine did .

9. kwissykat

kwissykat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2014
    Linden tennessee
    Nope everything is gone. Nothing is left. The flood took everything. My tomatoes were looking so good. My kids pumpkin plants that they planted were huge. I don't know if I should replant and start over or just call it a wash for this year.

10. Stuffedcritter

Stuffedcritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2014
    Canajoharie

I use a DYI garlic tea have good results, I inter plant it with everything never have enough of it. Linseed is a beautiful oil used it on my Harvest table and chairs ten years ago no sign of wear.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by