What did you do in the garden today?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Dara77, May 27, 2012.

1. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    Planted some Marigold's by our potatoes .

2. Joshua G

Joshua G Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Hixson, TN
    Wow! I'm very sorry to hear that about your garden.
    I live in Tennessee too, and know all to well what this crazy weather will do to someone's crops.
    But, I encourage you to replant, don't let the weather get you down!

3. kwissykat

kwissykat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2014
    Linden tennessee
    What part of tennessee you live in? This is only my second yr gardening. You don't think it's to late?

4. Joshua G

Joshua G Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Hixson, TN

5. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

:hugs this year seems to have had more weird/ severe weather everywhere. Here it's too dry and hot. Sorry you lost everything:( i too encourage you to replant:)

It was about 102 today here. I deep watered trying to keep everything alive. I gave my " garden helpers" a little water to keep them happy:)

[​IMG]

I love having toads around. They eat so many bugs! But, I admit shrieking a time or two when they appear unexpectedly...like in the chicken coop after dark while I'm collecting the last eggs or finding one "pretending" to be a potato under the mulch. There's at least 12 toads that live in the rocks in the picture. I think if you look close you can see 4 of them.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  6. sonderah

sonderah Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2013
    Hardinsburg, Ky
    We spent yesterday afternoon picking potatoe bugs.... AGAIN!!! I swear every year I'm going to stop planting potatoes! But usually the Sevin dust works pretty well. Not this year!! It seems to do NOTHING! So ALL tator bugs are picked by hand 3 days a week from 110-120 (I lost count keeping up with chickens!) potatoe plants!!! I swear, I'm not planting potatoes next year! Yeah right!!!

7. birdlady79

birdlady79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2014
    West Tennessee

I've never heard of Garlic Tea but will google it..... Thanks :)

8. Aacre

Aacre Chillin' With My Peeps

I watered my garden today. I need to weed my flower bed at some point this weekend. I noticed today that my potato patch has a plant sprouting and also a squash plant is peeking up out of the mound! I'm excited for these to grow. I put my potatoes in late (should have been planted in march but waited until labor day), but we'll see how it all goes... Hopefully well!
    I'm sorry to hear about your garden loss, kwissykat. :( DO start over!

9. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    Planted more pumpkins and some cantaloupe . Last planting of pumpkin and squash are up. Weeded and mowed . Sprayed some weeds .

10. Crickett

Crickett Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    Harvested cabbage for supper.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by