What did you do in the garden today?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Dara77, May 27, 2012.

1. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    What did I do this morning in the garden? Hauled ***** to get away from a skunk. Dangnab it! I'm too old to move that fast.

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Crossing the Road

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
    So, did you get away from him? Obviously, you did, so you're not as old as you think you are. I put out some scratch last night for Rocky... right under our bedroom window.... With the .22 standing at the ready on the other side of the glass. He didn't take the bait. Tonight, i'll dangle a few marshmallows from the clothes line. Hope that'll make him feel more welcome.

3. misbhaven

misbhaven Songster

Jan 14, 2014
    weeded and weeded yesterday after a week of rain, today I planted 15 more pepper plants, 2 more melon plants, 2 more rows of beans, 9 more tomatoes I lost count but i think I have 50 +, and a bunch more pickles and cucumbers,replanted radish,planted more beets......

4. lularat

lularat Songster

Mar 10, 2013
    NC
    Wow, you must have a large garden. Do you sell your vegetables, or do a lot of canning and freezing?

5. misbhaven

misbhaven Songster

Jan 14, 2014
    I have 5 kids......I do can a lot of it but a good portion just gets eaten fresh ..

6. Stuffedcritter

Stuffedcritter Chirping

Apr 11, 2014
    Canajoharie
    laughing so hard at the skunk adventures-) Put the chicks out between the rows in garden, they really didn't know what to do just sat there.

7. lularat

lularat Songster

Mar 10, 2013
    NC
    Awww...give those little ones some time and they'll know exactly what to do.

8. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Crowing

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    I mulched the driveway trees and dead headed the agapanthus . Almost finished winter pruning the roses.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

Weeded and watered...then watered some more. Picked a whole bunch of carrots. Started pre-soaking more green bean seeds to plant where I pulled my red onions and carrots out. I need to pull out my first planting of bush green beans. They produced so heavy and so fast that I missed harvesting a bunch of the beans before they got tough. I'll leave a few so I can collect dry beans for next year.

A handful of Anaheim peppers, tomatillos, sweet onion ( starting to bolt, so I picked it), and an indigo rose tomato.
    [​IMG]
    Big colander of carrots:)
    [​IMG]

10. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

Love the rose! Is it an old/ antique rose or David Austin rose?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by