What did you do in the garden today?

Been pulling some of the extra broccoli and cullaflower that I planted giving that to the birds found a new use to oyster have this one spot where you come into the house sits in the shade of tree and deck so put weed block in like 2 or 3 years ago kept thinking gravel then decided on oyster why not right 50 lb bags like 12 buck each View attachment 1819423 View attachment 1819424 View attachment 1819425

Plus now you have a ready supply of oyster shell "on hand" if you need it for your chickens!! :lau
It looks real nice :)

F82C9A32-795E-4784-9C6B-2451FE393A2C.jpeg

Saw this T-Shirt in the grocery store ... Guess who I thought of :oops:

4265D454-C2D6-4E05-9149-F48753C4ADDF.jpeg
AA0BC72D-DC91-4C18-9503-1F43E2032138.jpeg

My Hollyhocks first blooms.
D85CE329-3111-4ABD-ACC9-6DBAC4DB4A74.jpeg

Can you even see the tomatoes in the picture?
Poor things ... they’re hanging in there.
We’re supposed to have 4 straight days of high winds.
Mornings are good to work in but this time of year between 4-7pm are real nice.
Seems like I really don’t finish my day til 8 or 9 which I love. Good hip days and Nap time. Life is good.
I’m praying for sunshine for all y’all soggy Gardeners :frow

Woke up this morning like a bolt when I cracked my eyes a little and the room was as red as if it were on fire. The air was res. Awesome. Red sky in morning situation....the sun wasn't even up yet. So I knew I had about 20 min for chores or be soaking wet doing them later.
20190620_062133.jpg
20190620_060436.jpg
20190620_055747.jpg
20190620_055535.jpg

Full rainbow in western sky, mammatus clouds...and the honeybees wont go out. Done w chores and it's raining.

Good morning gardeners. Yesterday was my morning at the senior center. It gets me out of the house away from chickens and chores for a little while. Oil delivered so I will have hot water for quite a while. The garden is doing well. No sign of slugs this rainy morning. Since it will be raining all day I put a little extra fertilizer on just about everything. The grass has finally stopped growing so fast despite the rain. The clematis has finished blooming for the season, now the peonies are blooming. My daylilies are starting to bud which makes me very happy. My Meyer lemon tree is blooming again. It's still too small to support fruit. I need to figure out how to encourage it to grow taller. No plans for any outdoor gardening today, I will be working on painting the ceiling. Hi @WthrLady, I thought slugs didn't like marigolds either. I'm guessing the little slime ball was just that hungry. Have a great day everyone.

Woke up this morning like a bolt when I cracked my eyes a little and the room was as red as if it were on fire. The air was res. Awesome. Red sky in morning situation....the sun wasn't even up yet. So I knew I had about 20 min for chores or be soaking wet doing them later. View attachment 1819537 View attachment 1819541 View attachment 1819543 View attachment 1819544

Full rainbow in western sky, mammatus clouds...and the honeybees wont go out. Done w chores and it's raining.
Nice photos.

More rain on the agenda. Rain still forecast for several more days. Saturated ground +rain = flooding. Here is part of a NWS alert today...
44B664B5-7BD0-4352-90E3-A94B1CD08EDE.jpeg

That county ran out of high water signs!!

As I sit in my car waiting for tween to complete an activity, NWS tells me humidity is 100%, and it’s not even raining. But, no worries-thunderstorms arriving in a couple of hours.

Garden ... thank goodness for raised beds. And thank goodness I applied the copper based anti fungal to the plants in the 18 hour window of no rain before rain arrived again. I’m sure it has washed off, but did seem to help. I’ll reapply when I get another rain free chance.

Fig plant looks happy. The French strawberries I started from seed are looking amazing!! No berries yet, but *WOW* they look healthy. They are in planter boxes on the deck. Also have peppers in pots on the deck and they are looking pretty happy too - bigger than the pepper plants in the raised beds.

Woke up this morning like a bolt when I cracked my eyes a little and the room was as red as if it were on fire. The air was res. Awesome. Red sky in morning situation....the sun wasn't even up yet. So I knew I had about 20 min for chores or be soaking wet doing them later. View attachment 1819537 View attachment 1819541 View attachment 1819543 View attachment 1819544

Red sky in morning
Sailors take warning
My husband would say that and I never quite knew why.
Ominous looking clouds.

Back
Top Bottom